Sunday, September 18, 2011

RAINFOREST CAFE ~ CHEESE TORTELLINI IN ALFREDO SAUCE

I went to the Rainforest Cafe at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA.

If you have never been to the Rainforest Cafe, then you are in for a treat.

You will find, salt water fish swimming in large aquariums, large animals that come to life as they move and make noise and thunder storms that kick up through out your meal, yet never gets you wet.

The place is loud though, so don't plan on bringing a date for a romantic dinner.  This restaurant is geared more towards families and fun.

Being a vegetarian, I found that the menu to lack in choices.  Other then a few salads and one or two pasta dishes, there wasn't much that could be ordered right off the menu.  However, my waitress was more then happy to allow me to order dishes prepared as I liked. 

Every dish is made to order so you can add or take away ingredients as you like.

I ordered the Cheese Tortellini in an Alfredo sauce.

When this dish came to me, my first thought was, how pretty!  I loved the three different colors of tortellini and how the plate seemed to match.

As I took my first my first bite, I knew this was going to be a meal I really enjoyed.   The Alfredo sauce was not over powering the flavor of the tortellini.

I could taste the cheese inside the pasta and the sun dried tomatoes.  I have to admit, I ordered this without the peas and mushrooms as I'm not a fan of either.  If you are, then I would order this dish as it comes listed on the menu.

While I really enjoyed the pasta and sauce, I wasn't that excited over the slice of bread that comes with the meal.  I would rather have a slice of plain french bread or sourdough. 

I would gladly order this again and would recommend it to both vegetarians as well as meat eaters as you can also get this with grilled chicken for only $2.00 more. 

All in all, this was a very satisfying meal and I would give this dish 8 out of 10 silver spoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment