Monday, July 1, 2013

PACIFIC WHEY CAFE ~ Newport Beach

The Pacific Whey Cafe I ate at is located at 7961 PCH, Newport Beach, CA.

It is in a beautiful location with lovely views of the Ocean that is right across the street.

They are in a shopping center so it's a great place to get a bite to eat and do a little shopping either before or after your meal.

As you walk up to place your order you are greeted by a counter filled with yummy looking pastries, cookies and cakes.  All baked daily there.

The menu has something for everyone.  Soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, burgers and hot dishes.  They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

 
I went for lunch and ordered the Pacific Whey Summer Salad.

This is a salad of field greens, Romain Lettuce, Dates, Carrots, Red Onions, Goat Cheese, Candied Walnuts, Strawberries and grapes.  Served with fresh Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette and a roll.

The salad was very good.  The mixture of fruit, nuts, cheese and different lettuce was a great combination.
 
The vinaigrette was very mellow and was not over powering like some can be.  All of the produce was very fresh and fully rip.  I hate when I order a salad and some of the produce (mainly fruit) is hard with no flavor because it's been picked way before it's ripe enough.

I can't tell you if the roll was good or not because I didn't eat it.  Not because I don't like rolls or because it looked like something was wrong with it.  I just wasn't in the mood for a roll so I left it on my plate.  But, it was the only thing left.  I ate the whole salad.

That being said, I did order the 1/2 salad.  This was more then enough for a lunch and was rather big for only being a 1/2 salad.  I was impressed by the size.  I believe a large would have been way to big...at least for me.

The price of the salad with a drink came out to a total of $8.11.  That included the tax also.  A very reasonable price.


There is a wonderful outside area you can eat at if the weather is nice.  There are table and chairs tucked under large trees to provide shade so you don't get to hot on a summer day.

Eating out there reminded me of eating at a great sidewalk cafe while on vacation.

Everyone that worked there was very friendly and helpful.  With fast service.

While you go up and place your order at the counter they do bring your food to you, come around to ask if you need anything else and also pick up your dirty dishes.

I don't think I could have asked for a better salad or better service.  I will be going back for sure and would be happy to recommend eating here to anyone.

I would give 8 1/2 out of 10 golden spoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment