Saturday, July 13, 2013

BREAD CRUMB OHANA CAFE ~ HUNTINGTON BEACH





19079 Beach Blvd.
Huntington Beach CA

If you are not sure where this place is located, it can be hard find.  But, it's worth searching it out.

Bread Crumb Ohana Cafe is located in the shopping center that Stein Mart is also located.  It's tucked away in the corner.

I understand that they have just remodeled and it's much larger then it used to be.  They also have a nice patio area if you want to eat outside.

Other then not giving up on finding this place, you must be sure to have cash on you because that's all they accept here.  However, if you forget there is a Chase Bank in the shopping center and also an ATM machine located in the restaurant.



One thing I really loved about this place is that it's a mom and pop restaurant.  The owner is always on location and because of that I believe the staff seems to be working extra hard to get your order, keep your drinks full, your food served and the place is super clean.

I went with Maureen for breakfast and we both decided upon the Ohana Special.  

This includes eggs, hash browns, bacon or sausage and french toast.

The portions are very generous.  Unless you are starving and have a very large appetite, I recommend you split this meal with someone.

But what about the food?  Well, I guess I can sum it up in one word.  Delicious!

The hash browns were crispy outside and yet soft and creamy inside.  Perfectly cooked.

The bacon was ok.  A little over cooked for my liking.

The eggs were good but not much more to say about them since they were scrambled eggs.  What can you really say about scrambled eggs?

But the french toast is what was most impressive.  It is made with large slices of Kings Hawaiian bread.  Topped with butter, powdered sugar and syrup.

This by far was some of the best french toast I've ever had.

My only problem was I couldn't eat it all.  One slice was all I could handle since I had already eaten some eggs, hash browns and one slice of bacon.  I felt like if I ate one more bite I was going to pop.

I loved how they serve your drinks in large mason jars.  That way you don't have to keep asking for as many refills.  Though they are more then happy to keep your jar full for you.

The cost of this breakfast was only $11.25 and the drink was $2.15.  I feel the cost was very good seeing how much food you get.

They are only open from 7am until 3:00pm.  Breakfast and lunch only.

I'm looking forward to going back to try their lunch.

I give Bread Crumb Ohana Cafe 7 out 10 silver spoons.     I would gladly recommend going here but be sure to bring a big appetite.



No comments:

Post a Comment