Tuesday, July 2, 2013

PANERA BREAD ~ Santa Ana

I've been to Panera Bread several times.  It's one of my go to places when I want to get something quick, for a good price and I know the food will always taste the same.

The location I went to tonight was the one located on Bristol and Sunflower in Santa Ana.

I love this location.  The staff is always super friendly, the location is always clean and I can always find a seat if I want to eat there.


Tonight, I couldn't decide if I wanted to have something cold or something hot.  So I went with both.

I ordered the Cheese Tortellini Alfredo (my something hot) and it comes with a side salad or soup.  I ordered the salad (my something cold).

You get to choose between three salads.  Either Greek Salad, Cesar Salad or there green salad.

I went with the Greek Salad.  It came with lettuce, olives, tomatoes and cheese and had a light Greek Salad dressing on it.

The salad was ok.  Nothing to write home about.  But still it was crisp, cold and fresh.  Just what I was looking for.

The Tortellini is very rich.  The Alfredo sauce was very good.  It was creamy, very cheesy and full of flavor.  This was very good.

However, I ordered the large size and couldn't eat it all.  It's more filling then it looks.  So, I took half of it home.

Bread comes with it too.  A piece of warm, freshly baked baguette with real butter.  YUM!

The cost of this meal along with my drink and tax came to $12.94.  I think it is a very fair price.

I really enjoyed this meal.  I would get it again. 

I would give this 8 out of 10 silver spoons for the pasta but only 6 out 10 silver spoons for the salad.

So this meal gets a grand total of 7 out of 10 silver spoons.


I got a Steak and White Cheddar Panini sandwich to go.  I brought it home for my sister.

The cost of this sandwich with tax came to $8.71. 

She said she liked this.  Said it was still warm.  The meat was very tender and it had plenty of melted cheese on it.

However, the bread was very hard to chew.  Perhaps if it was on a different type of bread she would have been more enjoyable.

The chips were "just chips". 

She gives this a 7 out of 10 silver spoons.  She did say she would order this again but ask for it on different bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment